Saturday, October 20, 2007

Costa Rica

In Costa Rica every day is a bad hair day. Could be part of the reason I look like a mess in all of the pictures we took there. But it is partially because my high expectations from this trip were not satisfied.

In my vision I saw myself wandering at the Costa Rican forest while dozens of colorful birds are circling above my head, cute forest mammals running across me and monkeys dangling on their tails from the tree canopies… anyone who have seen Disney’s Snow-White knows what I am talking about. Well… I may be exaggerating. But I did expect to see an unusual amount of wildlife. Unfortunately reality was different, considerably different. I have only seen a handful of animals. Not even really seen a few of them, more like been told that I have seen… I mean… the guide says: “see the third tree on the left? Go up with the trunk, between these two little branches you see something brown… well, that’s a sloth”. Gee thanks… from where I was standing I could not say the difference between a sloth and a coconut.

Tel Aviv, Israel

No comments: