Monday, May 28, 2007

The Internet Generation

As part of my work I travel the world pretty often. With the Internet being a commodity in every business hotel, I find Skype to be a cheap, easy and visual way to keep in touch with home. My 3.5 years old niece is used to these video chats with me from a very early age. When I call over the phone she insists on "talking with the computer". Today on my way home from work I called my sister and asked to speak with my niece. My niece was disapproved by my disability to talk with the computer while driving, but agreed to try the telephone when I promised to tell her something exciting. I told her that my husband Ploni was at the dentist, news she found exiting indeed. Exploring the exiting news she was trying to locate the source of pain. "Which tooth hearts, this one?" she asked, I obviously didn't know which tooth she was pointing. "Tell me which tooth is that?" I replied, but my niece, again disapproved by the lack of visuals, simply left the phone and went. "Hello? hello?"

Tel Aviv, Israel

No comments: