Sunday, May 27, 2007

Sunset Party

Today I attended a cocktail party of a leading venture capital firm in Israel. The party took place at the old port of Tel Aviv, in front of a beautiful sunset, so I've been told, as I arrived a bit late, just after the sun sunk into the Mediterranean Sea. Out of about 80 people attended this party we were only four girls. Why is that? Gladly I must say that my friend Mayorca and I weren't the only to think it is a bit awkward. A few people approached us saying that "we should see more women in these events". Question: what are we going to do about that? When I was in 7th grade two hours a week were dedicated in school for electronics and household classes. These classes were given concurrently: boys took electronics while girls cooked in household classes. When I asked my teacher to transmit from household to electronics I was denied. Is it possible that it started there? it is. I hope they don't do it anymore today.

Tel Aviv, Israel

No comments: