Sunday, June 3, 2007

The iPod Magic

You walk on a main street in New York. Taxis honk, buses rumble, people roar – the New York melody. You plug yourself to your iPod, climb with the volume control to the higher bars and press “play” for your favorite music, whatever it may be, pop, rock, world music… the magic begins. You no longer hear the street, but you still see it moves, and it seems that at once, everything and everyone around you is harmoniously keeping up with your rhythm.

In order to make it work you need a quality of sound that will take over any other sound around you. So far I have only seen it with iPod – apologies for commercializing.

I personally love the sound of New York, but I also like to see the music taking over sometime. Today, I walked with my music until I have reached a completely green spot at the Central Park, where I couldn't see any of the giant buildings of Manhattan. Then, I took off the earphones substituting the music with the tranquil sounds of the park. When I walked back to the surrounding streets I heard the gradually strengthening New York melody. This time I let myself enjoy it.

New York, NY

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.